Welcome to HCV Advocate’s hepatitis blog. The intent of this blog is to keep our website audience up-to-date on information about hepatitis and to answer some of our web site and training audience questions. People are encouraged to submit questions and post comments.
For more information on how to use this blog and search the HCV drug pipeline click here; for more information on HCV clinical trials click here
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Call to Action for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
1. Improve awareness of the threat posed by Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
2. Integrate prevention programmes for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C into existing public health frameworks
3. Enhance surveillance for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C across Europe
4. Support the development and integration of cost-effective technologies and procedures for use in viral hepatitis prevention, control and management, including screening of high risk individuals according to scientific and epidemiological based evidence
5. Ensure universal access to early counselling and treatment for persons infected with Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C
6. Expand research resources for hepatitis B and hepatitis C.